Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Attorney General Barr's Absurd Concept of Presidential Power

Barr believes that if it isn't written down that the President can't do something, there is nothing preventing a President from doing what he wants.(No wonder Trump was eager to put Barr in as Attorney General). To take this to its logical conclusion, there is nothing written down which says a President can't commit murder. Therefore Barr believes that Trump could commit murder and not be charged for it. This is the man who interpreted Mueller's report for the American people  Are you getting this ridiculous concept of the Imperial Presidency. Barr turned out to be the man who extended presidential power in extraordinary ways. I don't believe the founders, or the framers of the Constitution would have accepted this concept. It is absurd in the extreme. There are a lot of people from Jefferson to Washington who are rolling over in their graves because of this absurd notion. In my mind there's a question of where this leads the country I love. If I could get Medicare in Canada, I'd be headed for British Columbia today. I'm disabled so I can't leave this country, but I'm feeling like an awful fool for letting Barr make these decisions. I love America. I'm a Mayflower descendant whose eyes tear up when I hear the National Anthem, but I'm feeling pretty bad about what's happening in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment