Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Positive Thinking or Just Stupidity

First: This is not a macho thing. This is something that could have happened to a lot of strong women I know.
Second: This is not a victory lap, because, if anything, it's a chronicle of failure.
I've been disabled for ten years. The only way I can walk is if I put diclofenac sodium on my body which eventually will lead me to kidney dialysis.
If you're disabled, you know that it can't help pissing you off. You can't help hating that your body is failing you.
On Sunday I got tired of looking at the ivy on the other guys fence and knew if it jumped into the tree by contact with a branch it would destroy the tree. That already happened with the guy's ivy on the other side of  my backyard.
So I took out my ladder and some big shears and began to get rid of the guy's ivy. I, of course fell over backwards and bloodied my scalp. Since I have cervical spondylosis. These two situations don't go well together. My wife is a UCLA Medical School Professor Emeritus and after it was pointed out how dumb I am, she took me to the emergency room. Luckily a cat scan showed that I'd survived without having the two things affecting each other. However, my wife t feels that stupidity was the cause of the whole thing. So, I ask you, was this just stupidity? Or was it positive thinking?
The use of words like asshole or jerk should not be included in your response

No comments:

Post a Comment