Tuesday, January 1, 2019

If you’re disabled, don’t Fly Alaska

I wonder who puts these Airlines evaluations together. Let me state the facts. Because of my disabilities, my wife and I decided to fly first class for the first time in our lives. Our daughter is an MD in Hawaii and we knew this was the last long airplane trip I would ever take. United checked our bags at the curb and showed up with a wheelchair. Later we would be met with a wheelchair in Hawaii where you get up to the exit ramp. We were surrounded with extra long blanket pillows and I could recline so the piriformis wouldn’t press on my sciatic nerve.
The return was very unpleasan. Although they knew I was disabled, I and my wife had to carry five bags to the counter. Before we got there, we put the bags through the agricultural check required by Hawaii. I saw an Alaska employee and asked for help. He took our bags and put them through the agricultural check again and then walked away. No one would help us get our bags to the counter. When we got there I handed the woman my California proof of disability and they finally issued me a boarding pass. Their first class was like business class on other airlines. The entire trip my piriformis pressed on my sciatic nerve and I really wanted to die. The difference between the two airlines was stark and I should have flown coach home. Never believe the airline rankings.


No comments:

Post a Comment