Wednesday, December 26, 2018

How to Deal With Certain Forms of Disability

I’ve been legally disabled for four years and was headed for a wheelchair. But I was lucky enough to meet Dr. David T Yu. He got down on his hands and knees and taught me 35 exercises. What was really impressive is that he’s a 75-tear-old UCLA professor emeritus. I started on these exercises and some days the exercises had me in excruciating pain. I realized that if I wanted to continue to walk I had to suck up the pain and embrace it. Now I wake up and get on the floor. I’ve got(among other things) cervical spondylosis; stenosis, radiculopathy and other stuff. I have piriformis syndrome where the piriformis presses on the sciatic nerve. I think to myself “suck up the pain” and turn off the TV when Trump’s image comes on the screen. I’m a Christian, which helps a lot. So if you get disabled and there is a way to deal with it, try your best, if there are doable responses. There are some disabilities that no matter what you do you can’t change this. Believe me, you have my respect and Know I am praying for you every day. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment