Monday, April 8, 2019

There's a Special Place In Hell for Those Who Burn Black Churches

Over the last ten days someone has burned three Black churches in one Louisiana Parish.
In a song written two days after 9/11 Alan Jackson wrote "Where Were You" and it contained the following:" I know Jesus and I talk to God and I remember from when I was young
Faith, Hope, and Love were the good things he gave us
And the greatest is Love."
If Jesus is about one primary thing its about Love.
My values come out of Methodist Sunday School and there's a song that I remember. It's called "Jesus loves the little children"; Black and Yellow, Brown and White.It talks about how they're equal in his sight.
As far as the Pentecostals go, the Editor of the Christian Century, who created the word "Pentecostal" said these people who supported Trump could no longer claim this mantle. They were not what he would consider Pentecostal anymore. Hatred is fueled by Trump who has given white supremacists what they need to operate, with no fear of being prosecuted. I'm stuck with my Sunday School Values which help me survive the Trump presidency. I hold out the hope that America will once again be what I thought it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment