Monday, November 5, 2018

Baldacci Reifies Trump’s World View

The word reification means to come up with an example of a theory. When I first started reading David Baldacci I thought that some of his plots were too far out. I loved reading his books but had to use the concept of “suspension of disbelief” in order to enter into the concept behind some of his plots. Since I loved reading them, I was quite willing to do this. Then Donald Trump became our President and I realized Trump was quite capable of instituting federal government behavior that would have been impossible under a rational, decent head of state.These absurd plots began to scare me because I could see Trump implementing them. Baldacci is a great writer, but now I can see some of his plots coming true.

No comments:

Post a Comment