Sunday, March 2, 2014

If Hilary Were President



If Hilary were president today, we would be in a much stronger position. In the California primary, I voted for Obama and my wife and daughter voted for Hilary.
She would never have drawn a line in the sand  on Syria, then waffled, said she would defer to Congress (which would never have backed Obama's involvement in Syria) then decide to turn America's foreign policy over to Putin.
With the invasion of the Crimea (which we can't do anything about militarily, and shouldn't) we see how Putin has written off Obama as a lightweight. No one should ever make the mistake of putting Hilary in that category.  I wasn't someone who was for the Iraq War or the one in Afghanistan, but I want our president to be perceived as a strong person. If North Korea thinks they can invade the south because they think our president is a wimp, we are in a lot of trouble. I don't trust Obama to stand up.
I wanted our country to have a Black president, so we could move beyond our prejudices. But I didn't get someone with the character of Colin Powell, I got Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment