Saturday, May 4, 2013

Reese Witherspoon and Other Egomaniacs



I will never go to a Reese Witherspoon movie again. However, considering that she plays roles where she's just so sweet, I don't worry about missing anything.
This is because I watched the dash cam video of her arrest. She says things like, "do you know who I am?" and "you'd better not arrest me."
I've placed her in my category of ego maniacal actors who believe their press releases. Just like Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin (who wasn't arrested, but screamed at his little daughter), these are people whose egos are immense and who think they have transcended "little people" like you and me.
In America, we have this fascination with celebrities, from Monaco Lewinsky to Paris Hilton. In fact, oral sex seems to be the way to become an important celebrity.
However, when an actress who is famous for being sweet acts like Leona Helmsley, you know you'll never be able to suspend disbelief about her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment