Sunday, February 24, 2019

I'm a Protestant, but Pope Francis Was My Hero

Perhaps I don't have the right to speak about this, but I will try anyway. When I first read about Pope Francis, I was so impressed, he became my hero. As a Christian, I always like to read about those who go into the ghetto to help others less fortunate. I still respect him, but I realize his papacy is on the line now. What I have to say doesn't mean I've lost respect but that if anyone is going to deal with these atrocities it's going to have to be him. If he can't do it, then I blame the entrenched powers in the church that are  against fixing this. I have often wondered how a church survives the never ending headlines on priestly and Cardinal abuses of children. Since Jesus is my strength and my redeemer, I don't care how believers get to know him. But today, I would not put my daughter in the hands of a priest. I'm going to pray for Pope Francis to fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment