Friday, August 21, 2015

Disaster at the Pharmacy



I have my prescriptions filled at a CVS. Those who work there treat people very well. I have never heard anyone complain about having to work too hard or have them say that they can't help me.Pharmacists and their assistants make me feel like it's a pleasure to deal with problems..
I was not surprised when Consumer Reports said that CVS drugstores were intentionally understaffed. But no one working in the drugstore ever complained about that.
In the last two weeks I've tried calling the pharmacy every day at different times.No one has ever answered the phone.
The largest pension fund in the world is the Public Employees Retirement system (PERS). They also handle employee benefits for state of California workers. After horrible treatment from CVS, the Public Employees Retirement System has dropped CVS as its medication provider.
The average salary for a worker at CVS is $28, 700 (and that includes pharmacists)/( The CEO of CVS, Larry J. Merlo makes 422 times as much money as the average worker. No matter how you look at it that seems unfair. In America, we have a tremendous income disparity between the 1% and the rest of us. Should Mr. Merlo, who keeps costs down by intentionally under staffing his stores, be rewarded for that?
I would never bring this up at my pharmacy, because these people are too nice to be put in such a situation. They made their effort to be good employees. However, rich Mr. Merlo runs the show..

No comments:

Post a Comment