Friday, May 9, 2014

Gillette Razor Blades and the One Percent



Gillette fusion razor blades, a product of Procter and Gamble, are very expensive. The only place I can afford to buy them are at Costco. Lately, I've only been able to buy the ones that especially work with the razor that has a battery inside it. I've tried it with the battery inside but I find I get just as good a shave with the razor that doesn't contain a battery. But I'm willing to pay for it at Costco, because if I brought them at a drugstore I would probably need to take a second on my house or sell my firstborn.
Now Gillette has come up with a razor that has a turbo ball in it. They won't tell you what a replacement blade will cost, but they have a come on that gives you a razor and two blades for 13 bucks.
People have speculated that replacement blades will go for as high as $12. You now can hang around drugstores and watch for people who buy replacement blades and discover who's in the one percent.
Gillette won't give you a price per blade on any website, but I know I won't be buying this turbo blade.
In a time in which inequality is a common concern among Americans, Gillette has chosen to help us find out who really has money to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment