Sunday, September 23, 2012

Insights from an Oracle



I recently discovered that I'm  old because I can remember when America had a middle class. With this in mind I've decided to pass on some of my wisdom.
I've learned from Republicans that we were without a president from 2000 to 2008 at which time Obama came along to destroy our financial system.
I wonder what future a country has when 44% of its citizens do not believe in evolution? I've written about teaching at a public university where seniors ask "Dr. Turner, what's that verb thing you're talking about?"
For 20 years the man I most respected in Washington was John McCain and I couldn't wait to vote for him. Then one day I woke up and realized if he got sick a woman who was nuttier than a fruitcake would be running my country.
I felt like such a jerk for believing in the love story of John and Elizabeth Edwards that I find it hard to take any politicians seriously. Now if there's a rumor about crooked Washington legislators, I immediately believe it.
Rightly or not, if somebody tells me they are a banker, I put my wallet in my front pocket, and tell him I don't carry a business card.

No comments:

Post a Comment